Wow, I got back from one of my consulting gigs and realized that I hadn’t posted to my blog in over a month. Time does really spin furiously forward… I picked up a few magazines on health while I was travelling and one of the articles caught my eye, so I tore it out and put it in my bag to make sure I remembered to write about it on my blog.
One of the things I love about jokes and being witty is that it not only makes the people around you laugh, it makes me laugh as well! So, in the article I was reading about laughter, there were seven health benefits that were discovered by researchers at the University of California. Drs. Lee Berk and Stanley Tan did the research and provided the following results…
7 Ways Laughter Is Good For Your Health
- Laughter lowers your blood pressure and can help reduce your risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- Laughter reduces your stress hormones which can also boost your immune system.
- Laughter helps tone your abs. Now you don’t need one of those As Seen On TV Ab machines…
- Laughter can signal the release of endorphins, which are your body’s natural pain killers.
- Laughter makes your heart pump faster and can improve your heart health.
- Laughter can active your T cells and give your immune system a start.
- Laughter can give you an increase in your outlook and better sense of well-being.
So there you have it! I knew that all my joking was good for something after all… I hope to be able to write more consistently. My next gig starts next week, but hopefully this one won’t be as challenging as the last. I will hopefully pick up some good jokes I can share along the way. I’m definitely going to make sure I laugh as much as I can.